Thursday, February 25, 2010

Baltimore + Vida Simples Magazine + upcoming events!

I'm at my hotel in Baltimore. Just had a great screening at MICA that was full of really great folks. Tomorrow I head back to Milwaukee (fingers crossed the weather stays on my side) until next Thursday.

Handmade Nation at MICA

In international news I just received a pdf from Vida Simples Magazine who did an article on DIY featuring the picture of Knitta & Happy Owl Glassworks from Handmade Nation the book and also Sabrina's book Knit Knit. AND AND AND I got my tickets for my trip to Scotland this June where I will be doing screenings and workshops in Aberdeen and Dundee! I am SO excited, I've never been to Scotland and can not wait to soak it in.

Vida simples Magazine: Brazil

Vida simples Magazine: Brazil

Next Thursday I will be on a train to Chicago to the Cultural Studies Colloquium at Columbia College Chicago with my friend and colleague Betsy Greer . The programing starts at 3:30 with a screening of Handmade Nation and lecture by Betsy. It's free and open to the public.

I'm off to slumber land, the wind here in Baltimore is howling louder then hounds. Quite down wind, this lady is sleepy.

3 comments:

Heather Ozee said...

Now that's a bus!

Debbie Schramer said...

I found your fascinating blog today and was so excited. you are doing some great things! I thought you might be interested in the amazing nature art that my husband and I make.....we make houses from nature and small furniture.....we actually had our treehouse and little fairy furniture at the American Visionary Art Museum in 1995 and it was voted the 4th favorite work of art out of 400 pieces!! Hope you'll visit my website: www.artmajeur.com/debbieschramer.

Thanks so much,
Debbie and Mike Schramer

Faythe Levine said...

I LOVE the American Visionary Art Museum it is AMAZING. Thanks for the comment, I'll check out your work.