Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Today is the second day of the Stitches and Craft show in Melbourne. After a few massive AV (audio visual) glitches got sorted out everything is going fantastic. The show is really cool, a lot different then the events I've been to in the past. I really like how they have the workshops set up and Angela, from Living Creatively, who puts on the event has such a fantastic vision for the show. There are really great small details that are just beautiful (photos to come).

This morning I got here early to be broadcast live on Channel 9 on the Kerri-Anne Kennerley show. Kerri-Anne wasn't here herself but her affiliate did a quick little introduction about me and they showed a close-up shot of the book. Live TV freaks me out.

Faythe on live TV
Here I am. Thanks to Justine from Mix Tape for the photo!

Later today or tomorrow I will be showing you the amazing indie crafters I've met here and that are featured at this show!

2 comments:

mizu designs said...

Faythe I'm so glad you made it to Melbourne! I've been waiting to see Handmade Nation for months but didn't think it would ever get here. Can't wait to see it at the S&C show over the weekend.

gerry said...

Hey Faythe, hope all's going well in Oz! I can only see a couple of Handmade Nation screenings over here in the UK ... got any more planned for the Brits? I'm based near Brighton in the south, a huge craft scene going on down here, so would be interested in talking to you about organising a screening if you're interested ... good luck in the meantime.