Wednesday, July 16, 2008

"I think I’m so drawn to hand-made type (and hand-made anything) because it really points towards a spirit of individualism that seems to be fading fast as an important characteristic in our society."
-Andrew Wagner of American Craft (guest blogging on Design*Sponge this week)

Andrew Wagner is the Editor in Chief of the newly designed American Craft Magazine. I have had the pleasure of spending time with him on trips to New York and even got a chance to interview him for Handmade Nation last Fall (pictured left). He also wrote the introduction to our book- needless to say, I am a fan. Andrew is the guest blogger over at Design*Sponge this week. You should take some time to read his posts because he has a fantastic eye and is a true lover of beautiful, interesting, innovative work. I am especially fond of the entry about the handmade typography in recent American Craft issues. So amazing.


Included in his post is this page from the upcoming August/September 2008 issue, and I was pretty surprised to see my quote used on the main page (super small on the left bottom corner), how exciting!

Off to Los Angeles tomorrow morning. Flying with a crew of 5 (including me), I've never done that... too bad we will all be catching up on our sleep instead of hanging out in the air.

I've posted tons of screen shots on flickr of all the blog attention the art auction has been
getting. This event is going to be great, the only heartbreaking thing is I can't bid on any of the art and there is SO much amazing work.

No comments: