Monday, October 08, 2007

Wow 3, count them 3 entries today. That NEVER happens. But so much is going down if I don't write about it now I never will!!

Susan Beal just forwarded me a link to an article titled "Crafty Bitches" in Portland's Willamette Weekly that I was interviewed for a bit back. It's a great long article about craft, BUT, I just left a comment because I felt that I wasn't represented well.

I have had a lot of problems with press, being misrepresented. Anyone who deals with being interviewed or doing press related stuff knows that one little mis-print or mis-quote can change everything, make you sound like a total goob (yeah, you heard me, goob!). Because of this I am very careful in interviews now to be as clear as possible when stating my answers to questions or commenting on topics. In this particular article there is a quote from me about craft & war. Honestly, I think it's just sorta just hanging out. You know, no context. Just floating there, then to be revisited by having someone comment on my quote. The quote is accurate, the problem is it was an answer to a question that wasn't printed.

Ahhhhh reporters. Gotta love them with every ounce, but dang, I'm not a goob!

Anyhow, you can read the article and my comment about Craft and Activism HERE.

8 comments:

Colorless said...

I haven't read too many of your posts, so I don't know too much about your project, but it sounds cool. Whats the distribution look like?

Sheila & Tony said...

Wow, thank God for coffee breaks because now I've stumbled on another great DIY site. I recently rented a studio to make my own Halloween props. Who knows where it will lead? Please come visit me some time at The Creaky Door. http://thecreakydoor.blogspot.com/

Faythe Levine said...

I get a lot of questions about distribution and since we are still in our post-production process I have no answers for anyone yet. There has been interest from a few places but we are keeping our options open until we do a premier.

Thanks for asking!

TheBlogPrinter said...

You should def get a hard-copy of all your blogs. Come read my first blog to see what I mean!

Chase

Oswegan said...

Cool article. Were you in Portland when you came accross this? That's my neck of the woods.

Cheers,

~Oswegan
http://oswegan.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I am very interested in crafts and make targets that I shoot at. I find it very enjoyable at both ends of the project. Godspeed

Anonymous said...

i like what you have to say

emily said...

oh faythe, you goob! just kidding. i'm sure you said a lot of great stuff and they just shoved that in there. if anything, it gives me confidence that you won't make anyone in your movie or book look like a goob, right?

emily (ekra)