Sunday, July 12, 2009

Vancouver wrap up!

I had a whirl-wind trip in Vancouver this week. Flew in on Wednesday then an insane full day on Thursday.
I did a TV appearance


Book signing at Barefoot Contessa
Booksigning at Barefoot Contessa in Vancouver

& the premiere was at the Rio Theater with over 300 people in attendance + a great mini craft fair to boot!
Vancouver Handmade Nation premiere at the Rio Theather
Vancouver Handmade Nation premiere at the Rio Theather

I even got to meet the authors Mandy Moore and Leanne Prain of the soon to be released book "Yarn Bombing" at the welcome party at my hostess with the mostess Kim Werker's house.
Mandy Moore and Leanne Prain authors of the soon to be released book "Yarn Bombing"

I was also tickled by these amazing vegan cupcakes made for me by Coco Cake Cupcakes
Cupcakes at my welcome party
Cupcakes at my welcome party
"Welcome Faythe".... um, amazing.

AND, Kim & I spent her 33rd birthday doing all sorts of fun shopping & eating (I ate the best sushi I've ever had besides in Japan). She took me to The Assembly of Text which I was of course in LOVE with every aspect of... go there if you like letters, typewriters, zines, indie publications and girls who do dope shit.
Assembly of Text in Vancouver
Assembly of Text in Vancouver
((please note this amazing window display))
&
Check out the rest of the photos in my flickr set

A very very special thank you goes out to Andrea & Rob of Lotus Event's (they bring you GOT CRAFT?) who brought me to Vancouver, organized a fantastic sucessful event and are just overall lovely people doing great things.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Faythe, it was great meeting you and I'm so glad your documentary came to Vancouver. What an effort!! I really enjoyed it! I look forward to getting the DVD and to seeing your next project!

siobhan said...

Thanks for coming! The whole event was rad, and it was great to meet you.