Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Chicago Part 1

This past Thursday I had a screening of the 20 minute work in progress at the Jane Addams Hull House Museum in Chicago. I drove down with Cortney Heimerl (co-author of the book) to the event. We didn't have a chance to see the museum itself, but the actual screening room was super cozy.

The program director Catherine Chandler arranged for cupcakes from Bleeding Heart Bakery (here is Cortney with one of the delicious treats!) Catherine started off the event with an introduction about the museum, I suggest reading up on the Hull House museum founders Jane Addams and her partner Ellen Gates Starr,
such amazing women.
I then stepped up to do a quick introduction about Handmade Nation.
Giving a quick talk before the screening
Side note: I have had this cough that plagued me throughout the night (it was the worst during the panel discussion!) I wanted to punch it out of my lungs..... unfortunately, that isn't how one gets rid of a lingering cough.

50+ guests then watched our 20 minute work in progress
Screening at the Jane Addams Hull House Museum

Then there was a panel discussion with Deborah Maris Lader & Lindsay Obermeyer, Shannon Stratton and myself.
Faythe Levine & Shannon Stratton

Deborah Maris Lader & Lindsay Obermeyer

It was a great event, I was super happy with the turn out and feedback I got. There was even a writer from Time Out Chicago who did a review of the event HERE.

Screen Shot: Time Out Chicago Blog

Stay tuned for Part 2 of Chicago which is super exciting.... we shot the opening credits for the documentary this weekend!!!!!!!! ahhhhhh.


No comments: